Suggest treatment for sore throat along with hoarse voice

ENT Specialist
Question
Hello!
I am having problems with my throat. In short I experience a choking sensation, and it gets hard to breath in. I also have a wheezing noise breathing. It feels like I got some sort of cramp in my throat. My voice is changed, and it tightens like the vocalchords are irritated or something.When turning my neck, its almost as I feel there is strings in there kind of beeing dragged over other things, if that makes sense. It almost gets painful sometimes, because its tightening so much. I get tight if I sing, speak loudly, or exersise. It is really ruining my day. Had it for aprox a year now, and its getting worse. Also cigarettes will provoce it, as exercise, speaking loudly and singing. I can no longer reach high notes, and I feel like I clear my voice much. Now.
I have seen ENT who says it looks fine, no cancers or things like that.
Someone said to me that Silent reflux might do this, since I have trouble breathing in and not out. Would a Pressure measurements in the esophagus be helpfull for me?
I dont know if this question rather should be asked a gastro specialist?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A sore throat with voice change

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query,

All the symptoms mentioned by you are usually associated with a nasal pathology or throat pathology.

The change in the voice is due to Post nasal drip caused by nasal or throat infection.

You should get an x-ray paranasal sinuses done and an endoscopic examination of the throat done to rule out any vocal cord pathology. This will help to diagnose any acid reflux causing these symptoms.
From the symptoms, it doesn't seem to be malignancy at all but anything confirmed can be said only once I get to see your reports.

Please tell me what all medicines have you been taking so far?

Please follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Any further questions are always welcome.

Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sore throat along with hoarse voice 26 hours later
Thanks
I an not on any medicine yet. I have gaviscon but not tried it yet.
The throat almost feels like cramping, tightening and makes it hard to breath in.
I have a appointment with ent but i feel they are not very enlightened on these problems
Should i do anything myself to get help or at least diagnosed? The pressure monitor i Asked about perhaps?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat with voice change

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information

You should avoid spicy food and aerated drinks.
Avoid tobacco.
I would suggest you to get an endoscopic examination of the throat done rather than pressure studies. Ask for a x-ray paranasal sinuses to be done.

Take steam inhalation and do voice rest.
Take an antacid regularly and tablet vitamin c once daily.
It would be better to suggest you further only once I get to see the reports.

Thanks and regards