Suggest treatment for sore spot on roof of mouth

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: I have a very sore spot on the roof of my mouth near my front teeth. I don't know if I burned it or what but I need to know if there is relief for it.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mouthwash , Benzocaine gel & Vitamin C.

Detailed Answer:
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you Antiseptic Mouth Wash thrice daily , Benzocaine gel for local pain relief & vitamin C to promote healing .
Discuss this with your treating doctor.
Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
My doctor is out of town until Aug. 11th. I assume "aniseptic" mouthwash is the same as Listerine? Is Benzocaine gel OTC?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can use Listerine .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up query.
Yes you can use Listerine .
Benzocaine gel is OTC, use little to just cover sore spot.
Hope this information helpful to you .
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari