Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
have sore at top of buttock and rash like line to rectum. Went to surgeon and he told me to use medicated baby powder . Did not work.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: anti fungal treatment Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. The area of buttock is moist and very prone to develop fungal infections. Probably you have developed a fungal inflection and treatment with anti fungal medication is needed. I suggest my patients to use clotrimazole powder twice daily. Apart from being anti fungal, it also absorbs moisture and keep the area dry preventing further infection. Hope this work for you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock 9 minutes later
where can I find clotrimazole powder? Is there a brand name?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Clotrimazole is chemical name. It is available by various trade names like candid, clodid, fungicide etc. It is easily available over the counter. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor