Suggest treatment for sore pimple on the penis shaft

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Sep 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: hello I have a sore on my penis shaft it started out looking like a pimple and a white firm tube came out just like a zit ...I had sex with my girlfriend the night before I noticed it..and she became very dry and I didn't stop right away...and ter I popped it ...it looked as as it was going away but now looks like a syphlis canker ..I had been sweating a lot down there as we were ridding bikes as well...I also noticed it's right where my penis hits the toilet seat when I'm sitting ..I also had oral done on me prior but used a condom ...I'm thinking her. lips might have touched bottom shaft of penis ....
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and i have noted down your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a clear digital image of the sore so that i am able to guide you better.

You may upload an image either at "Reports Section" Or You may mail me an image at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line as Attn:Dr. kakkar.

Do you have pain over it?
Is she your only sexual partner Or do have any other sexual partner(s) apart from her?
Do you use a condom whenever you have sex with her?
When was your last sexual contact with her?

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
I do not use a condom with my girlfriend however I did with the other girl that gave me a Blow job... there is a little pain when I touch it but only slightly...feels firm around the edges

I believe it was last Tuesday was my last time we had sex...the next day I noticed a pimple and popped it but the puss came out like kind of firm not fast but slow like out of a tube. and just a drop or two of blood
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Genital herpes is my first possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Thank you. I have reviewed the Images. I can see a single sore (an erosion to be exact) with redness, edema and clean base.
I will keep a first possibility of genital herpes rather than syphilis.
I suggest you to get tested with a PCR for Hsv type 1 & 2 from the sore. This would be confirmatory.
Alternatively you may take a blood test at 2-4 weeks from now so as to detect the presence of antibodies to Hsv.
Genital herpes is an STD can can be transmitted by sexual contact (whether oral or genital) with an infected sexual partner.
Going by the morphology of this sore, syphilis is a less likely possibility. This is more of a herpetic erosion which is superficial as compared to a syphilitic ulcer/ chancre. Nevertheless you must still take an RPR test at 4 weeks and then again at 12 weeks to exculde this possibility with certainty.
Right now I would suggest you to take a PCR for Hsv 1& 2 if that is available.
For the sore you may use a topical antibacterial e.g 2% mupirocin cream, twice daily for a week.
Avoid sexual contact and I suggest that your girlfriend should also test for Hsv type 1 & 2.