Suggest treatment for sore bump on labia minora

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: i have had a bump on my inner labia for 3 weeks. I've been to 3 doctors and they all said it was not herpes. the bump is sore. do you have any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be from a superimposed infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

As per your attached picture everything seems to be normal.
Where the bump is because I don't see anything,your labia minora doesn't appear
Please upload another picture with that bump.

While three doctors have confirmed that you haven't herpes infection ,why do you insist that you have this one infection.
Exact diagnosis of herpes simplex can be done only by inspection of the affected area.

If the bump is sore and doctors have excluded herpes infection have Sitz baths and local creams with corticoides.

All the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj