• question-icon

Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury on foot

Posted on Wed, 18 Feb 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: on saturday I landed a jump in ballet wrong twisting my foot, since then I have had a big bruise on the top of my foot some swelling and discomfort walking and muscle spazams. it does not seem worse but three days have passed and I still have trouble walking, foot is still too swollen to fit in my shoes and the bruise is still covering most of my top foot. I want to know if sprained or fractured and is an xray necessary? I can move my foot in all directions even in circles it just is hard to walk on.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be soft tissue injry

Detailed Answer:

From description it seems to be soft tissue injury . Large lump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood).
You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Beside icing and elevating it, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement