question-icon

Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury of finger

Posted on Wed, 30 Jul 2014
Question: hi. i just almost closed a wooden door on my finger. My finger got taught in it and the door kinda bounced back. Im icing it now, but I'm not sure if i should massage it? it hasn't started to bruise, except for where the door caught my finger.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do not massage it.

Detailed Answer:

From description it seems to be soft tissue injury .
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance. Do not massage it. Beside icing and elevating it, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid lifting weight and rest well.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement