Suggest treatment for soft tissue damage and associated muscle spasm
It could be due to soft tissue damage.
Thanks for your query.
It could be due to soft tissue damage. More pain in morning could be due to associated muscle spasm. Some time screw removal might be helpful in these cases. There is no any harm in removing the screws after fracture healing.
Steroid shots are given locally to reduce pain and inflammation in the area. Sometime it take more time to work.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
if it is soft tissue damage - how long does that take to heal, and what can he do to speed up healing? are there exercises? should he see a physio?
what can he do to stop the morning pain if it is muscle spasm - he has pain only when planting the foot or rubbing the area, not when he is sitting.
Physiotherapy will be helpful.
Usually it take 3-4 weeks for healing. Sometimes it takes more time. Physiotherapy will be helpful for speedy recovery. Do hot fomentation and stretching exercises to reduce muscle spasm.
(1) should he refrain from training? the soccer team trains in the evenings and he finds his foot pain free now in the evening. He ran on it Tues night and it felt fine, but very sore Wed morning. Last night he did not run, and it was sore this morning but not as sore as yesterday morning. He seems to think the pain goes away when the foot is loosened up, so maybe it is predominantly a tight muscle?
(2) he attends physio tomorrow. the surgeon asked that he wear a night splint for a week, but we live remotely in XXXXXXX and its hard for me to get one quickly. Do you think a night splint would be helpful, or perhaps that the physio will be enough?
(3) My last question - is it possible that the shot will wear off in a couple of months and the pain will be back as bad as before? He is going out to USA in August on soccer scholarship and August will be intensive pre-season training. I am worried about the timing. He also has exams until 3rd week in XXXXXXX so if the screw was removed after that he could not run for 3-4 weeks I am told. Also really bad timing for this scholarship, which we are really dependent on financially. Hence all my worries...
thanks so much for your help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Soft tissue injury treatment
- Soft tissue knee injury treatment
- Treatment and cure for soft tissue tumor
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue strain due to injury
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury
- Soft tissue inflammation treatment
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury on feet
- Hematoma soft tissues treatment
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury in upper quadricep
- Suggest treatment for soft tissue injury to the knee