Suggest treatment for sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi after sedation for mutiple fassett blocks in my back yesterday, I started sneezing and have a very runny nose and watering eyes. This is not abating after 12 hours and despite having taken 3 antihistamines. What can I do?
Answered by Dr. Divakara 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You require additional Nasal Spray.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Your sneezing , runny nose and eye watering are all due to allergy. Though you have taken Antihistamines ( which are Anti-allergy medications ) it is not working well on you.

The reason is you need to take an addition Nasal spray of Antihistaminics+ steroid combination ( Avamys Nasal Spray ) which shall control your symptoms.

If Eye watering is too much you can use Olapatidine eye drops. Continue taking Antihistaminics for 2 more days.

Get the prescription for the above mentioned drugs from your doctor. Also avoid dust , smoke and cold air.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 10 hours later
Hello again,

I have followed your advice, but still have no relief from the symptoms. How long can I expect hem to last? It has been 24 hours now..

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Divakara 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Observe for 48 hours.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Wait for 48 hours you will definitely get good relief. Also which Antihistaminic you are taking. I would recommend Tablet Avil which will control your symptoms very well ( but it may also cause Sleepiness )

If even after 48 hours there are no improvement then you need to start oral steroids also .

Any further queries feel free to ask .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Divakara