Suggest treatment for small white painless lump on cheek

Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: I have a small white painless lump inside the right hand side cheek. It's been there for two weeks, and the size has been stable. Is this serious?
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a white stable lump on cheek needs to be monitored

Detailed Answer:
Hi.. thanks for your query.
A small white lump may have developed due to various reasons such as traumatic bite or irritation to the mucosa. If you do not smoke or chew tobacco in any form and the lump regresses after a few weeks then its ok.

But if the lump increases in size then it is advisable to visit your dentist for an examination. If required he may remove the cause such as a sharp tooth etc. A biopsy may be required if a cause is not determined. If the lump does not increase in size but stays constant for a month I would still recommend to ser your doctor for a basic check up.

Therefore at this moment, you need careful monitoring of this lump. Further steps of treatment will depend on how this lump progresses.

Hope that help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad