Suggest treatment for small wheatish patch on the neck of child
In case you may ask these questions, would like to answer in advance that in our family no one has Vitiligo, our immune systems are good, my daughter never had any issues with her skin, her skin is not sensitive in general or with sun rays. She is just 2.3 years old so no point of any mental anxiety or stress. We use dettol soap to bath her and apply Johnsons baby skin lotion from past 2 years. Her skin complexion is wheatish. There is no incident of any injury either. Please respond
This may be due to fungal infection.
Welcome to HCM
I appreciate your concern.
I should tell you that it is not a vitiligo.as vitiligo develops gradually not within a night.
This type of lesion may be caused by pityriasis XXXXXXX dermatophytes etc.
For confirmation you need to go through woods lamp examination of the scrapings from the lesion..
Also consult your dermatologist.
Hope this is helpful.
Wood lamp examination is a pathological examination.
If it is a fungal infection proved then you need to apply proper antifungal otherwise it would spread.
Wood lamp examination helps in diagnosing the specific cause of the lesion.It is a pathological examination where skin biopsyis seen by different light microscope.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for rashes on neck
- Suggest treatment for strep throat and swelling of neck
- Suggest treatment for severe neck ache
- Suggest treatment for large lipoma on back of neck
- Having back pain and neck pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain in my neck and back