Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for small indented bumps on the inside corner of eyes

Answered by
Dr. N. K. Misra


Practicing since :1977

Answered : 1250 Questions

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For going on two years, I have had a small indented bump close to the inside corner of my eye. It looks like there's a tiny bump underneath it. My dermatologist has diagnosed this as a broken blood vessel and told me that it's too close to my eye to be treated by laser. At first, it just looked like irritated skin but after that cleared up, I noticed the bump(s), which was read at first. After applying warm compresses and rubbing Retin A cream into it (i've stopped doing that), the redness went away and the size of the bump reduced but doesn't look like it will disappear. My husband says it's barely noticeable; however, I can see it and in the make-up mirror it's quite bothersome. I have a nice albeit delicate complexion and would like to get rid of this problem if possible.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgical removal

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

I would have been happier if you could send a photograph of the spot (You can simply upload it at the reports section). What I gather from your statement is that it may be a vascular malformation.
Hence you can consult a plastic surgeon to have it removed.

If there is any further query in this regard, please do get back to me, preferably with a photograph.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Vascular malformation

doctor1 MD

age 46 ht.5`6 wt. 126 vaginal aneurysm and vascular malformation in hip thigh and buttock .. also two small brain aneurysms... they are watching...

doctor1 MD

Hi, My father is 80 years old and has blood in the stool and a low red blood cell count. He's in good general physical condition, except for...

doctor1 MD

A few months ago I felt what I though to be something rib like on my upper right chest, right below my clavicle . It felt like it started at my...

doctor1 MD

I have been experiencing headaches every day for 3 years. I have been to many doctors, have had many tests, MRIs, etc. with no explanation for the...

doctor1 MD

Born with Hemangioma Vascular Malformation to the Left of my face (Internal & External) Cheek, bottom lip, tongue, to the back of throat. Can this...

doctor1 MD

My husband has a vascular malformation in his mouth. was treated in 2008 at university of florida dr. It has gotten somewhat bigger and has opened...