Suggest treatment for small indented bumps on the inside corner of eyes

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For going on two years, I have had a small indented bump close to the inside corner of my eye. It looks like there's a tiny bump underneath it. My dermatologist has diagnosed this as a broken blood vessel and told me that it's too close to my eye to be treated by laser. At first, it just looked like irritated skin but after that cleared up, I noticed the bump(s), which was read at first. After applying warm compresses and rubbing Retin A cream into it (i've stopped doing that), the redness went away and the size of the bump reduced but doesn't look like it will disappear. My husband says it's barely noticeable; however, I can see it and in the make-up mirror it's quite bothersome. I have a nice albeit delicate complexion and would like to get rid of this problem if possible.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgical removal

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

I would have been happier if you could send a photograph of the spot (You can simply upload it at the reports section). What I gather from your statement is that it may be a vascular malformation.
Hence you can consult a plastic surgeon to have it removed.

If there is any further query in this regard, please do get back to me, preferably with a photograph.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee