Suggest treatment for small cut in vaginal wall

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: So I've recently had sex with my boyfriend for the first time again in months and I went to pee afterwards and at this particular time he didn't have regular toilet tissue so I was forced to wipe with an equate brand flushable wipe. After sex, I'm usually extremely sore for a few days because he's so rough & this time he was more rough than usual. Now I'm experiencing extreme discomfort and burning and itching on my labia minora and today it looks like a long cut and I'm also chaffing really bad. Is it possible that I could have irritated or burned the skin on my labia minora and how should it be treated ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should apply 2% hydrocortisone cream and take antifungal drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Small cut in vaginal wall if not associated with fever can be treated with hydrocortisone cream 2% ( after doctor consultation), antibiotics and antifungal vaginal tablets( canestene).
- Use cotton undergarments.
- Keep the area dry and clean.
- Avoid sex( give time to heal)
-Use neosporin powder.
If not relief in 4-5 days consult a Gynecologist for the same.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Richa Agarwal


Practicing since :1999

Answered : 3347 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Neosporin

doctor1 MD

yes my daughter used a ruat razor to shave. it left two red paths that looked like she drug it too hard. the area puffed up and now has spots...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have possibly an abscess/ lesions, three small ones (side by side) on the areola area of one of my breast. My Primary Care Doctor ordered a...

doctor1 MD

For several weeks I ve had an area in the inside of my backside, where the skin Is thinner, that swells and bleeds and hurts when I squeeze it. It...

doctor1 MD

My father has a open wound on his foot which we have been putting saline, hydrogen peroxide and neosporin but looks like it is getting worse what...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc, My wife is taking "Lactare" to increase milk quantity. Currently the dosage is 3 capsules/day. Wanted to check: a. Any side effects using...

doctor1 MD

hi I have a concern I was getting water for the camber i was carrying it and all of sudden I tapped a gentlemen at work and I looked at him and I...

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction