Suggest treatment for small cut in vaginal wall

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: So I've recently had sex with my boyfriend for the first time again in months and I went to pee afterwards and at this particular time he didn't have regular toilet tissue so I was forced to wipe with an equate brand flushable wipe. After sex, I'm usually extremely sore for a few days because he's so rough & this time he was more rough than usual. Now I'm experiencing extreme discomfort and burning and itching on my labia minora and today it looks like a long cut and I'm also chaffing really bad. Is it possible that I could have irritated or burned the skin on my labia minora and how should it be treated ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should apply 2% hydrocortisone cream and take antifungal drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Small cut in vaginal wall if not associated with fever can be treated with hydrocortisone cream 2% ( after doctor consultation), antibiotics and antifungal vaginal tablets( canestene).
- Use cotton undergarments.
- Keep the area dry and clean.
- Avoid sex( give time to heal)
-Use neosporin powder.
If not relief in 4-5 days consult a Gynecologist for the same.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.
Good luck
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN