Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for small cell lung cancer

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 59 Questions
hi doc, my father is diagnosed with small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma in lungs. we stay in delhi,india. want to know which is the best specialised hospital in delhi to admit him to get the best treatment for this desease. thanks
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sir XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital, New delhi Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the query. The primary treatment for small cell lung cancer is chemotherapy. A PET-CT along with an MRI of the brain should be performed for staging the disease before starting the treatment. Sir XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital has a specialized Thoracic surgery unit and also a medical oncology unit where you can a get a comprehensive treatment. I hope I have answered your query. Thanks once again for choosing XXXXXXX for your health related queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor