Suggest treatment for small bumps on the head of penis

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have small bumos on my penis which I believe are fordyce spots, but I've recently had dry skin under the head of my penis. I have dry skin on most of the rest of my body but never on my penis until now. I attached a pic of both the bumps and the dry skin. The dry skin the the white part right under the head of my penis. Any idea what this could be and should I get tested?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dry skin most likely due to irritation or decreased moisturization.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query and picture. It looks like fordyce spots and dry skin can be due to irritation from chemicals you use or due to decreased moisturization.
Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area and instead use warm water. Using moisturizing agents will be helpful. You can use emollient creams based on liquid paraffin or natural moisturizers like coconut oil.
Applying aloe vera gel is helpful for fordyce spots. Take more garlic and anti oxidants in diet. Avoid greasy and sweaty environment on genital area. These measures will help to get rid off fordyce spots.
It doesn't look like STDs so there is no need to get tested. But you are getting burning sensation so often and history of risky unprotected sex then you can go for HSV 1 and 2 tests to rule out herpes.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar