Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
Is there anything else it could be? We have only been with eachother (without a doubt) and came back clean on both our tests
HPV is a possible cause but she will need tests done
Thank you for asking at HCM.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
If you have been only with each other this reduces a lot the risk for her to have a sexually transmited infection.
I do not know what tests have you done from before and how long ago. There are some diseases that have an incubation time (time for the test to come out positive) and might not come out positive at the moment eventhough the patient might have it so to repeat the tests if a patient has symptoms is wise.
A common cause of genital bumps but that is not generally tested in the sexually transmeted disease testing is HPV - a viral infection that is sexually transmited and might be silent for years before causing lesions.
I would recommend your girlfriend to have HPV test done (this is done by testing the cervical secretions for HPV). I would also recommend her a pap smear if not done one in the last 3 years.
Every time a patient has genital lesions it is good to repeat the tests for sexually transmeted disease (STD) just to be safe. I would recommend her to have a routine check for HIV, HepB, siphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea.
Herpes is with small vesicles and is very tender normally. I did not hear from you that she has painful bumps.
So to summarize, I would recommend her to: have all the tests for STD and a check for HPV and a pap smear as a routine check.
Hope this answers to your questions and is helpful to you.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
Were both being tested again but for peace of mind in the mean-time. The doctor she visited gave virtually no information about anything and didnt ask any questions at all. She just said she thought that was it that and suggested treatment but were still waiting on results.
Pictures would help
2.5 years ago is a lot ago, this is a new symptom and needs retesting. There are other causes of gental lumps other than STD but without examination it is hard to decide.
Pictures would be very helpful. We need to see skin lesions to have a general understanding of what is happening but most of the times we have to consider STD as a common cause in the genital area.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on the finger joint
- Small red bumps on face suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for bump on leg caused after an injury
- Suggest treatment for bruised bump on shin
- Cause and treatment for the bump in the leg
- Reoccuring bumps on the pennis suggest treatment
- Small bumps on thighs treatment
- What is the treatment for huge bump in buttock
- Suggest treatment for small bumps on temple area
- Suggest treatment to remove small bump on outer labia
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...