Suggest treatment for small boil like bump near the eyes

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small boil like bump near the edge of my right eye. It looks as though it may have clear liquid in it. It doesn't hurt and it has not always been there. I can through the years it has gotten bigger but I never had it check. Should I see a dermatologist. And I also have a bump on my right hip that looks like a black head but when is try to squeeze it, it does nothing. Its barely under the skin and its black. It protrudes a little from under the skin and its hard.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like cyst of Moll

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and the picture, it appears to me as a cyst of Moll.

There are cyst having retained sweat secreations due to blockage of the gland.

These are benign cyst and can be excised if you want, for cosmetic reasons.

You need to see a surgeon or an ophthalmologist for the same.

And regarding the hip swelling, i could be a wart. Leave it if you don't have any problem with it, or get it removed at the same time when you go for the cyst excision.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj