Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for small boil like bump near the eyes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
I have a small boil like bump near the edge of my right eye. It looks as though it may have clear liquid in it. It doesn't hurt and it has not always been there. I can through the years it has gotten bigger but I never had it check. Should I see a dermatologist. And I also have a bump on my right hip that looks like a black head but when is try to squeeze it, it does nothing. Its barely under the skin and its black. It protrudes a little from under the skin and its hard.
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like cyst of Moll

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and the picture, it appears to me as a cyst of Moll.

There are cyst having retained sweat secreations due to blockage of the gland.

These are benign cyst and can be excised if you want, for cosmetic reasons.

You need to see a surgeon or an ophthalmologist for the same.

And regarding the hip swelling, i could be a wart. Leave it if you don't have any problem with it, or get it removed at the same time when you go for the cyst excision.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor