Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for slow growing beard

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I am 29 and do not have a proper beard. it grows a little bit on my chin and a bit of mustache. I am also suffering from the acne problems. weight = 66KG Height = 180 CM
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Get Testosterone levels estimated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. It is normal for some to have slow growing beard. Also its better to get Testosterone levels tested as low testosterone levels can lead to sparse facial hair and underdeveloped secondary sexual characters. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for slow growing beard 2 minutes later
How can I go about it? Does it need to be prescribed by doctor also what is the expected level of the male harmon?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You can visit any lab Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. You can ask for the test in any of the diagnostic lab nearby. There is no need for the prescription. Normal range for your age would be 270-1,070 ng/dL. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor