Suggest treatment for slipped disc

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a slipped disc and am waiting for surgery. I have been spotting slightly ( I am 50 and have not had a period for a couple of years). Is this a concern?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
gynec check up. USG. hysteroscopy. endometrial biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Dr. Purushottm Neurgaonkar welcomes you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

First of all do not panic.

As per your history, you had your last periods almost 2 years ago. At your stage of life, it is essential to know the cause of bleeding.
Medically, such bleeding is referred to as post menopausal bleeding.

In such cases, I usually suggest to my patients to get a thorough gynec check up done that includes per speculum and per vaginal examination. A detailed USG is advisable
Also, iy os necessary to get a diagnostic hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy done.

The purpose behind all this protocols is to rule out genital tract malignancy.
Once it is ruled out, other causes of bleeding like infection or hormonal withdrawal, are not serious and can be handled without much difficulty.

I hope this answer helps you. Please take out some time to rate this answer and write about it's usefulness to you. I will highly appreciate that.
Thanks.
Dr . Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar