Suggest treatment for slip disc problem

Posted on Mon, 2 Jun 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am suffering from Slip-Disc problem for last 6-7months sometimes it pains a lot. Please suggest me any treatment to overcome this.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medications and physiotherapy would help.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms.

The symptoms due to slipped disc occurs because of pinching of nerves in the lower back. As a result, there could be back pain, pain in the legs, numbness and tingling in legs/feet, etc.

Initial treatment consists of medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules, that help relieve the nerve pain.

Physiotherapy with pain relief measures such as IFT/ultrasound are also useful.

Once pain is less, back extension exercises should be started.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist