Suggest treatment for slightly high BP

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 10 Nov 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi!
I am a 51 year old woman with a BP of 131/58 & Pulse rate of 86. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 minutes later
No, Normal BP is 120/80 and pulse should be 72 beats per minute. Are you having palpitations also?
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later
No palpitations
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and weclome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Actually, we can say that this is not pathologic BP and it should not be treated since there is no significant increase of systolic pressure as long as it is below 140. pulse rate of 86 is slightly more than average range but still not worrying. I suggest to do ecg and holter ecg but I donmt expect some pathologic results if there are no symptoms such as chest pain, palpitation, headache or dizziness. WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards