Suggest treatment for slight swelling after injuring right elbow
Have tried ice, heat, arnicare topical, and arnica XXXXXXX 30X, but not on a schedule.
Seems to be blood/ fluid collection in olecranon bursa.
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I have seen your attached photograph also. It seems that there is blood collection at tip of elbow. Seems to be blood/ fluid collection in olecranon bursa. By looking to photograph it seems that it will require aspiration by wide bore needle under aseptic conditions. Analgesic such as ibuprofen is useful in pain and swelling reduction. Topical application have little use however Thrombophobe gel application without rubbing may help in reabsorption of blood. However it is unlikely to be fracture or dislocation but x ray of elbow is advisable. Icing is helpful but rubbing ( massage) is not advisable. You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for itching in handsknucklesfacechest and elbows
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- Accident bruised elbow swelling any treatment required
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- What is the treatment for swelling and bruise on elbow
- Suggest treatment to cure an open lump on elbow
- Have painful bump on elbow no swelling treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows