Suggest treatment for slight fever, cold, cough and sneezing

Excellent

Question
I have got cold. Slight fever and cough. Sneezing.
Please help
Br
XXXX
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol + Syp TusQ DX

Detailed Answer:

Slight fever, cold and cough with sneezing suggests an upper respiratory infection probably secondary to viral infection. In this circumstances, I would start you on paracetamol tablets like tab dolo 650mg three times a day along with Syp TusQ DX 5ml three times a day. In addition you may also take tab levocetrizine 5mg at night time.

Viral fever is self resolving and commonly settles down in 3 -5 days time. Incase symptoms worsens or you develop more severe cough and sorethroat, you need to revisit doctor to rule out bacterial superinfection.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.