Suggest treatment for sleeping difficulty

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello Doctor,

Hope you are the right speciality for my concern. Off late, I have been struggling to get quality sleep. there is no particular tension or thoughts that I am carrying. I reach home at 11pm in the night and try to get in bed around 11:45pm. Sometimes I immediately fall asleep and then wake up in the next 15-20 minutes. Then I struggle to fall asleep till around 3pm. I again wake up at around 7pm due to the noise with kids getting ready for school. This is happening since last 2 months. What should I do to get quality sleep.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better Sleep hygiene is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The most problematic area appears to be your arrival late in the night.What's your profession?
Anyway, what you can do is to promote a better sleep hygiene for yourself.
Some of the key do's are-
1)Don't take a nap in the daytime
2)Don't take tea or coffee after your arrival in the night.
3)Avoid heavy foods in dinner-fried, spicy, fatty foods, alcohol(if that applies to you), cold drinks in the dinner.
4)Regular jogging/exercise.
5)Don't take a hot water bath close to bedtime.

Hope these measures will improve your sleep.

If you have any follow-up questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 10 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am an IT professional and I do exercise daily. I will try to follow the regime you told me.

Hope this is nothing serious or a sleeping disorder. I become very conscious of any kind of noise and wake up immediately.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hopefully your sleep will improve.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

I'm sure, that these measures will improve your sleep. This is not likely to be anything serious.

Hope that helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)