Suggest treatment for sleep deprivation

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 20 Jul 2015 in General Health
Question: for my work I have to be in meetings till 11 pm, as I sleep immediately after 11pm, I get sleep but for 5 hour only . after that my mind is full of meeting discussions...
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sleep deprivation.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

You are facing a problem named sleep deprivation in which your body doesn't get enough rest to work properly. Brain is the most affected organ in this disorder.

Sleep is a vital need of the body, and thats too at appropriately right time on daily basis and in a rhythm. Our body works alert and gets asleep in a cyclic manner that is controlled and governed by Circadian rhythm of the body. Adenosine, melatonin and pineal gland are components of this system. Another system going side by side is your body's internal clock related to daylight and dark cycles of the surroundings.

You need to get rid of the problem? Of course Yes. You need to change your daily routine of work. Early to bed and early to rise is your treatment goal. You will get alright if you start acting upon this advice. Your body's sleep cycle is disrupted badly. You feel sleepy even after getting up in the morning and your brain is still in office though, and this is evident by the floating meeting discussions in mind.

If you continue the same routine, you will end up in mental illness like depression or anxiety, as research proves that if body's sleep cycle is disrupted, there are high chances of mental illnesses.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns. If satisfied, please give a five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E