Suggest treatment for sleep apnea

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 in Pain Management
Question: I have been taking methadone for about 8years for for RSD. My doctor is taking me off it now and I switched to Oxycontin 40 MG for about a week (four times a day). I took the last one about 30 hour ago and am feeling unbelievably bad from pain but even more from withdraw. He gave me .1 MG of clonadine 3 times a day and 10MG of Valium 3 times a day. I have been awake since 8:30 am yesterday. Is there anything I can do to get to sleep? Thinking of going to hospital. I have taken 25 MG of Valium in last 17 hours and 3 clonadine in last 10 hours. Absoloutely cannot sleep and feel nuts. Thanks I forgot to add he is doing this. Because I have sleep apnea and he thinks it is the methadone. Starting on suboxone Monday ifni can make it.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it will be good if you seek medical attention over this issue because since you have taken a whole lot of medications in last 24 hours it will not be advisable to you to take any kind of further medications . I will advise you not to panic and seek medical advise . Nobody will be able to advise you anything without examining you . A neurological examination is warranted . Take care. Dr. Shruti