Suggest treatment for sleep apnea

Question
Can you kindly advise me the cure/remedy for Sleep apnea. Details of patient is
34 year old obese male , currently diagnosed with high BP and high Cholestrol.
Weight - 81 , Height - 5 ft 7 inches
Diet - Non vegeterian
Non smoker and non drinker.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Sleep Disorders

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle changes

Detailed Answer:

Sleep apnoea is mainly a life style disease. You should cut down the weight so that the extra flabby tissue around the neck would burn. It helps the muscles to be tight and does not interupt the free flow of air at night while asleep. It is commonly found that Hypertension and abnormal lipids are associated with sleep apnoea.

Neurologist / Pulmonologist would treat such disorders.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sleep apnea 46 minutes later
Thanks for your comments

I have heard that there is a device which needs to be put inside your mouth which regulates the air flow to address this condition.

Can you kindly help me with the names and contact numbers of some good doctors for the same.

Brief Answer:
CPAP is the device

Detailed Answer:

CPAP provides continuous positive air way pressure so that the airways do not collapse and that helps in better sleep.

As I said you can visit any of the above two specialist in your local area than traveling to someone very far off. This is a simple condition to treat by any of them.