• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sleep apnea, hypertension and muscle cramps

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I had severe sepsis in May. I also have 's, sleep apnea with clap, diabetes under control, severe hypertension with meds increasingly resistant, headaches, Muscle cramps,c.f. indicated brain atrophy brain microangiopasty, 100 protein in urine since sepsis. What kind of ongoing damage could be occurring.

I am feeling very hot but don't have a temperature should I be concerned about going to a hospital tonight
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
diabetes and hypertension cause CKD

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Diabetes and hypertension are associated with slow damage of the kidneys. They lead to protein in urine and rise in serum creatinine levels so these tests need to be monitored periodically in these patients.

You have not mentioned serum creatinine level and spot urine protein creatinine ratio. so i cannot comment on the extent of kidney damage.

Overall you need to

decrease nonveg in diet
control bp to 140/90 or less
keep eye on fever . if there is fever or burning in urine meet your doctor to ruleut infection.

If there are any further queries please writein.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist