question-icon

Suggest treatment for sleep apnea and fatigue

Posted on Tue, 16 May 2017
Question: l did an overnight test that says I have sleep apnea. However, the symptoms my doctor thought were related to sleep apnea, namely brain fog, fatigue in the morning and energy drops during the day, were cleared up when I cut out sugar and grains. I had already suspected that blood sugar was the issue. Now, I no longer have brain fog, my energy level is even for the most part, and when it drops and I get lightheaded, I know it's time to get some nutrients. i am 77 years old, male, have been checked out for heart, have none of the usual symptoms associated with my age, i.e. high blood pressure, heart issues, diabetes, etc. My most recent blood tests confirm this. My question is this: should I be concerned about sleep apnea if I don't have any of the symptoms associated with it?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I do not think so

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Sleep apnea is one of the common laboratory finding across the population and can be considered normal provided there are no symptms. In addition it is important to have healthy life style to prevent any untoward incidents arising due to sleep apnea.

I have frequently observed that individuals with sleep apnea and healthy life style live a normal life and do not develop any problems.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist