Suggest treatment for skin tags at the vaginal opening

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I'm worried! I have almost like skin tags around the opening of my vagina, they cover the hole and when I self examine with legs open I front of the mirror and I push they move. I have a partner and we have no problems with sex, I have also noticed lumps at the back of my throat and floor of my mouth I'm not sure if they are connected. Could this be due to the pill? I am on microgynon and have had bad side effects from it and now stopped taking it, I wasn't sure if this was happening due to the hormones
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibly hymenal tags

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
The skin tags at the vaginal opening which are skin coloured and non painful or inflamed are more likely to be hymenal tags which are normal to form after the hymenal rupture and are usually asymptomatic. however the best would be if you can send me a picture of the same, i should be able to confirm.
Nextly, bumps at the floor of the mouth and throat are unlikely to be due to microgynon side effect but rather due to infection more likely or secondary to any form of oral sex if you may have been involved with your partner, which can often injure the floor of the mouth and throat during the act. If symptomatic then you may get a throat swab for culture done to rule out any infection.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 8 minutes later
After researching myself I did think that it was Hymne, however this have only appeared around 6 months ago and I was lead to believe from reading online that it would have always been like this. Also with regards to my mouth could it be possibly englarged papp? Although I do believe that the lumps around my vagina and the ones in my throat appeared around the same time. Where do I send photos to so you can have a look
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
You can attach the pics on this platform itself . There is an option in the follow up to upload files.
I would be able to comment after seeing the pics. There is all possibility that they can be hypertrophic vaginal mucousa following friction and have formed mucous tags over the time, but better to visuals and make a comment.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 minutes later
As you can see you will need to zoom in, it's very hard to get a photo of them opened
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
Well these are vaginal mucousa hypertrophy and the hymenal tags as well which can be seen, and not an infection or std as it appears to be. Also the surrounding mucousa seems normal which again goes against any infection or std, so as there is no difficulty or pain during intercourse, i don't think you should be worried at present, though I AGREE THAT the picture quality is real poor to demarcate the mucous borders but over all the vaginal mucousa looks healthy.

As there has been no oozing, itching, discharge, pain, foul smell or cuts/ abrasions over the vaginal introitus the change can be easily termed as physiological.
So we can rule out genital warts? That was my biggest concern, did you see the other photos I uploaded? Some of my throat and some better of the vagaina. In which you don't agree to be connected? And my vagina is normal?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
I just received your throat pics as well and the bumps which you see at the base of the throat are actually circumvallate papillae and the ones ahead of that are filiform papillae which are normal anatomy of the tongue and there is no apparent infection in the throat as i can see.
There are no genital warts for sure as the location is never the introitus and or the vaginal mucousa, so rest assured i don't think there is any herpetic infection.
regards
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 17 minutes later
Thank you very much for your help you have defiantly put my mind at rest. Is there anything i can do about my throat and my Hymne?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
you may use vagisil vaginal alkaline washes for vaginal cleansing and avoid any soap or dettol which can cause irritation and often dermatitis lesions.
For the throat you may use listerine mouthwashes twice a day and that should suffice maintaining your oral hygiene. There is no infection so no other recommendation in this regard.
Have safe sex and stay protected.