Suggest treatment for skin splitting on buttocks

Question
Skin keeps splitting between buttocks. Hurts. Tried anti-fungal ointment, cortisone and A&D ointment. Almost seemed to clear up and then just split again when I had a bowel movement. What is this, what can I do to treat/prevent it, what kind of doctor do I need to see about it?
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload a photo

Detailed Answer:

From your description, your skin in between the buttocks keeps splitting and it hurts. You have tried anti - fungal cream, cortisone creams, A&D ointment.

It would be really greatful, if you could upload a photo of the area or can mail me to YYYY@YYYY with subject as ATTN:Dr Ashwin Bhandari.

Mean while follow these instructions which will help in reducing the symptoms:
1. Keep the area dry and exposed to air atleast for few hours a day, if possible.
2. Avoid any trauma or minor injuries in the area.
3. Continue with A&D ointments or go for Sucoderm cream. Its topical zinc oxide which will act like a barrier.
4. If overweight, loosing weight will also help in maintaining skin integrity.
5. Anti fungal and anti bacterial ointments might be required.

Dermatologists would be the best doctors to treat skin conditions like yours.

Please send a photo of the area, which will help me in advising you better.

Regards.