Suggest treatment for skin sensitivity

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Dr.
My skin is sensitive. If I get any scratch on my skin within few minutes it gets visible just like embossing. And it disappears after few minutes.

any.. advice Dr?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You might have developed acute urticaria.
It is an allergic condition.
The allergy might be due to any food product or any particular cloth you wear.
Even deodorant or soaps can cause allergy.
It is very difficult to dedicate one cause but if you try to notice you might be able to find out the cause.
I treat such cases with a combination of an antihistamine tablet like cetrizine and a mast cell stabilizer like monterlukast.
One tablet daily of this combination for a month works well.
You can try this.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana