• question-icon

Suggest treatment for skin rashes on the scrotum along with a bump

Posted on Mon, 8 May 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello Doctor

It is a second opinion.i have taken already opinion from Dr kakkar.Pls see the photographs attached and confirm whether these are venereal warts or common warts or something else?

2 weeks before I had severe red peeled skin rash on scrotum along with this bump.Rash dint go for 4 days and then I applied itch guard and it went in a day.bump continue till yesterday which I removed it myself as I was anxious.i pricked with a pin and pressed it hard for 5 mins ,oil like liquid came out and it reduced in size.i scratched it and it is red and flat now.

What is that white liquid?
Since I have only sex partner,can this be something?
Since I have scratched it,is there still anyway of finding which hpv type is affecting me?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be a tiny furuncle. Ignore.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I saw the pictures sent by you.
It doesn't seem to be a wart (neither a genital wart nor a body wart). It is likely to be a tiny furuncle (small Boil type) or an early sebaceous cyst.
As you already removed it, not to worry. Don't meddle further which can lead to secondary infection or a relapse. Not a STI.
Consult a dermatologist, if recurs.
Dr S Murugan.
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 37 minutes later
Dear Doctor

Can sebaceous cyst be skin coloured?

Since Dr Kakkar felt it is a genital wart,can you please explain what made you confident that it's not a genital or body wart?That will relieve my anxiety pls
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wart unlikely. Ignore. You will be alright

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
First of all, you have a single Sex partner.
Genital wart is essentially a STD. More common over penis rather than over scrotum.
Wart would not be difficult to identify on inspection. The typical verucous appearance will clinch the diagnosis, which lacks in the picture sent by you.
When wart was manipulated, bleeding can occur, not emits any fluid.
Early Sebaceous cyst can be skin colored.
But in your case, I am more in favor of tiny vesicle, which left unmanipulated, would end in a furuncle.
Dr S Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 38 hours later
Hi Doctor

I notice every things in detail and worry much.I have one more doubt since long time in my mind.I have a very big clinic near my home.Since my childhood,for every blood collection they change the needle and blood collection tubes but they never change the blood tube holder.Even I complained this to doctor.Being a MD,he is saying blood will not spill on holder from needle back side.Hows that possible?Is there any proven risk from such practices for patients?Many lab locations they are like this.where can I complain about this in India?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HIV transmission is unlikely through contaminated test tube holders.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Blood tube holder contamination is not harmful in anyway to you. Nobody will get HIV infection through test tube holder contamination as it is not directly involving in the transmission of the disease. Moreover HIV can not survive outside body fluid not more than few seconds.
So you need not worry about this .
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 54 minutes later
So Doctor I need not worry about this?

Even if blood drop is there in the holder,still it's not a risk?

I need not get tested?

Is reusable holder approved in XXXXXXX ?As I understand it is not approved in developed countries?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need no test for HIV/Hepatitis in such situations

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Contamination of such holders with spilled blood is more risk for the laboratory personnel and not for you.
You need no tests for HIV or other infections.
Regarding reusable such holders and their approval in XXXXXXX it is better to ask an expert in laboratories and a microbiologist.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist