Suggest treatment for skin rash on the arm and back

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Good Morning Dr. Concerned about a skin rash on the inside of arms at the elbow bend and on my back. The rash is made up of tiny red dots and is not itchy. I noticed it yesterday, thinking it would go away. It was worse this morning. Two days ago I had a back massage. They used a gel. The rash appeared a day later. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be from the gel

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
It is possible that the rash is from the gel. Make sure that you have washed all of your skin with warm soap and water to get any remaining traces of the gel off your skin. Keep the skin as cool as possible and use lotion if the skin is dry. This type of rash may worsen over 2-3 days then should start resolving.
Occasionally foods, drugs or insect bites can also cause rashes like this so pay attention and if notice if anything you eat or are taking makes the rash worse.
If you become short of breath, develop fever or if the rash becomes very severe and widespread then these would be signs that you need to see a physician.
Please let me know if you have further question.
Dr. Robinson
Follow up: Dr. Kathy Robinson 9 minutes later
Thank you for your help, Dr. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
I hope it clears up soon
Dr.Robinson