Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for skin lesions at various parts of the body

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 2629 Questions
hi i am 15 year old boy and i have itchiness all over my body popping up in different place bet especially my ball sack its got red itchy welts on it if i itch them to much they hurt and bum chicks. i got a injection for overseas couple of weeks ago and i have been getting itchier and itchier since then. not sure how to stop it. it's become quite irritating
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please answer and post the photos

Detailed Answer:

You said that you have skin lesions at various parts of the body. The lesions are itchy. The scrotal skin is involved,it is red and swollen. The disease is for two weeks. Your itching is not stopped.

With this much history, I feel that you may be having prurigo simplex. But still, I would like to ask few questions.

- what are doing? Study or else.

- do you have any other skin disease or systemic disease?

- Family history of skin disease or systemic disease?

- past history of similar or other disease?

- any treatment you are taking?

Please answer and post the photos of affected parts of the body, so that I can help you in better ways.

You may take antihistaminic like levocetirizine 5 mg thrice a day to relieve itching.

Waiting for your answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for skin lesions at various parts of the body 1 hour later
hi thankyou very much
-yes my scrotal skin is slightly red, also my forskin is occasionally itchy
-i got to school come home haven't been playing any sport and i work partime at mcdonalds
-i dont have any diseases or have had nor has my family
-i have been applying a little bit of cortic-ds 1% but its not very effective and taken 2 phenergan before bed
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prurigo simplex

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back,

It seems that you may be having prurigo simplex. It is a disease characterised by symmetrically distributed, small, intensely itchy, dome-shaped papules. Sometimes there may be tiny vesicles. They are most numerous on the outer aspects of the limbs and buttocks, but may occur anywhere on head and neck, trunk and limbs.It is generally considered a sensitivity reaction to insect bites and stings, fleas, mosquitoes and bedbugs being most commonly responsible for it. You consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis.

Most treatments are somewhat disappointing in their lone efficacy and a trial of several treatments may be needed in individual patients; use of combination therapy may improve outcome in individual cases.

I would like to advise following treatment if you were my patient...

1) Apply Emollients to cool and soothe itchy skin; menthol may be added to supplement this effect.
2) Steroid cream like mometasone cream may be used to decrease inflammation and pruritus and to soften and smooth nodules.Response is often variable.
3) Phenol and local anaesthetic creams have also been found to be helpful.
4)Calcipotriol ointment is sometimes more effective than topical steroids.
5)Capsaicin cream induces itching and burning and ultimately may stop itch. It requires repeated applications 4-6 times daily.

Systemic drugs may be taken as below..

1) antihistaminics like levocetirizine
2) steroid like methyl prednesolone in tappering dose
3) retunoids like actretin
4) gabapentin in severe itching, it may cause sedation.
5) anxiolytic drugs like fluoxetin or antidepressant like amytriptyline or doxepin

Avoid soap bath, you may use dettol for bath. Please relax, avoid stress and anxiety,you will be alright after thorough and proper treatment.

I advise you to consult dermatologist and have firm diagnosis and perfect treatment.

I hope this answer would be helpful to you.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor