• question-icon

Suggest treatment for skin infection on the forehead and scalp

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have a very bad infection beginning at mid forehead and going up to my scalp. My head/scalp is tender to the touch as well as the cheekbone area right below both ear lobes. Both eyelids are very swollen. I look like I've been beat up. But I haven't. Do you know whats going on??
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and reviewed the images.
I can understand your concerns but it seems that you are suffering from folliculitis...

I would recommend that you continue applying the antibiotic ointment three times daily together with a corticosteroid cream to relieve the inflammation and swelling. Also, apply cold compresses every 2-3 hours.

If the condition is not relieved in the following two days then you should refer to your doctor for an oral antibiotic and corticosteroid prescription.

I hope I answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman