Suggest treatment for skin burn on upper lip

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I use tretinoin .025 every night. Before going out I washed my face and then applied a moisturizer with spf 30. I had my lip waxed that evening by a cosmetologist and it burned and turned red. We immediately applied ice, put vitamin e oil on and the area is now scaly and cracked and peeling when I use a clean, wet white washcloth to clean it before applying a vitamin C serum moisturizer and a moisturizer with squallane. Is there something else I need to do?

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue moisturizers

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you had a burn while waxing your upper lip.

Scaling and peeling off of skin indicate that the area is healing. The regime that you have been following seems right.

Continue moisturizers and re apply every 4-5 hours.

Use a sunscreen every 4 hours and physically cover the inflamed area as it will be more prone for pigmentation.

Avoid using tretinoin till the area heals completely.

Hope this helps you.

If you have any more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr. Johny Chacko

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist