Suggest treatment for skin burn in an infant

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My 15 months old daughter got touched to a hot pressure cooker for some couple of seconds. We have applied some ghee and toothpaste but she rubbed it off immediately. Now there is a big lump at the feet region where she touched. Please let me know what can i apply there at the region, she seemingly have no pain there. Attached is the pic of the leg region.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Local application of Silverex ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXX

Going by the description it would be Burn blister( I have not received any clinical photograph).
All that needs to be done is local application of Silverex Ointment.
Also kindly do get back to me with clinical photograph for further assessment.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 23 minutes later
We have purchased burnol, can we apply the same or buy silverex ointment ?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Burnol will do

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dear Mr XXXX

Even Burnol will do. from the clinical picture it si obviously burn blister. Do not worry it will subside in couple of days. Do not puncture it.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak