Suggest treatment for skin allergy on palms, feet and legs during breast feeding
Yes she can take allegra
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
It seems she is having some allergic reaction. So antihistamines can be given to counter that allergy. Antihistamines like allegra or avil are though secreted in mild amounts in breastmilk but dont cause any harm to the baby. In some women, temporary decrease in breastmilk may be noted which becomes normal on discontinuing the drug.
The safety profile of allegra is better than avil. So i would suggest you allegra 120mg 1tab twice daily till allergy ceases. If it is allergic reaction, it will be effective and 2-3days of use will be enough. Otherwise consult a dermatologist. If she has fever and shivering, paracetamol can be given. You can contact your doctor for prescription of the above.
Hope this was useful.
Consult me for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for skin allergy
- Suggest treatment for skin allergy due to mint soap
- Skin allergy natural treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin allergy caused by food
- Mx3 as treatment for skin allergies
- Suggest appropriate dosage of predisone for treatment of skin allergy
- Treatment and cure for recurrent skin allergy
- Peeling hands and feet skin allergy
- Skin allergy treatment hospitals in kphb
- Skin allergy on legs