Suggest treatment for sinusitis
Sounds like sinusitis
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query
I feel the symptoms are still suggestive of sinusitis.
I understand that your doctor said it was ok.
But that may have been the start of the infection.
I still think its sinusitis, and you should get an x ray PNS waters view.
That will diagnose if you have sinusitis.
You will need steam inhalation 4 times a day, saline gargles 4 times a day.
Nasal drops of oxymetazoline may actually help you breathe more easily.
Since its a viral disease mostly, antibiotics may not help you.
Paracetamol can be taken sos for pain or fever.
Your jaw problems indeed sound like temporo mandibular joint disorder.
try to keep the joint loose, dont keep testing it if it has improved.
take soft diet so the jaw has a chance to relax.
pain killers can help.
application of cold packs can help.
if that doesnt help, you will have to meet an ENT specialist for further treatment options that are not possible at home.
I hope that the information helps you
Best of luck
also this has been going on for 3 months
Answered specific questions
Its called chronic sinusitis if it goes beyond 3 months.
And yes, scopes are restricted to the sinuses that are visible to them.
They cannot possibly reach all the areas of the sinuses.
X ray is the best way to test it.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus treatment
- Suggest treatment for sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- Suggest treatment for sinusitis and ringing in ears
- Suggest treatment for headaches due to sinusitis
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- What treatment is suggested for sinus
- Suggest treatment for acute sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for dry sinuses