Suggest treatment for sinus thrombosis and chest discomfort

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: My brother had right side sinus thrombosis 1and half year back he received treatment for 1year.now since 3 months he has numbess in extrimities.headache .chest discomfort and leg pain.his color dopler normal but RBC are 6.1and LDH is 1200.please tell me what we do now.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
He need neurological examination and investigation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

He has history of sinus thrombosis. Now he has headache, dizziness and chest discomfort with high LDH level. He may have recurrent thrombosis.

He should go for CT scan or MRI of brain. if he has any thrombosis then he need heparin or other blood thinner.

He need examination by neurologist once and imaging study of brain. It will give you exact idea. Then plan accordingly.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 45 minutes later
thanks for your reply.now please tell me the cause of thrombosis because we don't understand the cause of thrombosis i have send you all the reports.and one more thing is LDH increase in sinus thrombosis please tell me because i am with this as on internet it is given it increase in carcinomas
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have clotting tendency.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question and your all reports.
I can understand your concern.

Your CBC, kidney function test, electrolytes, lipid profile, Jak 2 all are normal.

In earlier reports you have protein s deficiency and high homocysteine level. Both increase the clotting tendency. You are more prone to blood clotting and intravenous thrombosis then other people. That is the reason for your thrombosis.

You should take vitamin B12 as well as anticoagulant drugs( blood thinner) for long time.

LDH increase in stroke, myocardial infarction, thrombosis, cancer like lymphoma, hemolytic anemia, B12 deficiency anemia and many other disease. There is long list of cause.

It is not a specific marker and it need clinical correlation. You should not worry about cancer. You have history of thrombosis and now history of headache and dizziness so it can be recurrent thrombosis.

LDH will increase in thrombosis. So you should go for MRI and also go for ECG once.

Overall you have clotting tendency and you need life long blood thinner to avoid clotting.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.