Suggest treatment for sinus tachycardia

Posted on Wed, 18 May 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Doctor, can you please advise the consequences of sinus tachycardia with short PR Interval , non specific T Wave abnormality. Abnormal ECG. PR int 116 , QRS 76ms, QT dur 341/405 , P-R-T axes 58 72 61 ... is my mother going to have pulmonary embolism or heart attack ..what does this mean and how do I follow up this abnormal ECG..thank you Doctor
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not very abnormal. No enough data to comment

Detailed Answer:
Whenever someone has tachycardia heart rate being high tend to shorten all ECG intervals and also produce some st t changes which are described as non specific. These changes themselves will not predict any specific disease or diagnosis. We need to correlate with clinical picture and decide if they are suggesting some disease. If it was routine ECG and there are no cardiac symptoms then it may not have any significance. if there are symptoms it may require further evaluation
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor Koregol,

My concerns here are PAD in particular atherosclerosis from the infrarenal Aortic down to the arteries in the legs. We are viewing leg swelling and abdominal distention and constipation. Obviously DVT & PE come into play here...CRP is 84 & has just increased substantially , ESR is now 70, neutrophils and WCC 24.8.. triglcycerides 1.2..

PAD & DVT --> PE are my concerns due to family history..
awaiting INR & PT Time in 3 hours time..

Is there anything you could add to assit me in this matter , thank you Doctor Koregal
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back dear,

The values of CRP and WBC are pointing towards infection. From point of view of vascular event CRP above 10 are not relevant .

You may share the PT/INR report to to me.

However like said before, data too less to comment further on PE .

You can share all the investigation reports so that I can take a look at them and let you know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol

Cardiologist, Interventional