Suggest treatment for sinus tachycardia

Posted on Wed, 25 Mar 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Lately I have had issues of sinus tachycardia. If was discovered after 2 long weeks in and out of hospital and all stress tests done and bloodwork all good. Finally identified sleep apnea machice of less than 1 year was defective and my Oxygen level was 83 at night as well as apneas. The past 5 days I have slept well and my pulse is back normal. I feel 95% better. Its like a miracle , don't even hear my pulse that was echoing in my ear. So last night I decided to have relations with my wife and after my heart rate was up. The problem is it got into the 105 heartbeat loop for 30 minutes. I relaxed and it slowly went to 90 and after 45 min it was about 75. I also got sick to my stomach and had a bowel movement about an hour later which never happens at night. Maybe nerves thinking how my heart was going to react but every tachycardia seem to be 105 heartbeat to 115. I started wearing a ecardio monitor today for 2 weeks to make sure of no major issues but the heart beat is in rhythm. As history 14 months ago SVT events then SVT and AFIB and a cardioversion was done. 25mg Lopressor 2xday and I have been fine. Does my heart still need time to regain strength or something?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your heart has reacted the right way.

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking on HCM! Regarding your concern I would like to explain that nothing seems abnormal with your heart rate reaction during physical and emotional stress. Speeding up the heart rate during intercourses is physiologically normal as it imposes an energy requirement of equal or greater than 4 MET. So relax nothing is wrong with you regarding this issue Your heart is reacting the right way.
Hope te have been helpful to you.
My Best Wishes! Dr. Iliri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist