Suggest treatment for sinus infection

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Had a cold/virus or something that turned into sinus infection. Took antibiotics. Started having stomach pain. Now awful stomach pain, heavy eyes, swimmy head

Nausuated and bloating and cramping too. Dont know if possible c. Diff or stomach virus or what? Amoxicillin 875mg twice a day is what i was taking.
Also stay thirsty but dont like to drink and dry mouth. And headache. Doing twice a day activia. Suggestions would be great as I need fast releif i jump on plqne to do missions in two days. Yikes

Other meds taking is allegra and occasional sudafed as needed and vitamin b and d supplements

Allergic to codine, doxy and sulf drugs and contrast XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

You are reporting to have used amoxicillini and after that you have bloating, nausea and stomach pain.
These symptoms may be due to :
- gut bacterial Missal ancestors due to antibiotics
- candida overgrowth
- c.difficile infection (usually it is associated with diarrhea).
This is why to my opinion you need to use :
- probiotics
- PPI'S like prilosec OTC
If your symptoms doesn't improve after a couple of days you should do fecal culture test and use metronidazole antibiotic.

Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 6 minutes later
I do have direah and water stool as well
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
Thank you for providing more of your medical information .
With regards to diarrhea it may be due to C.difficile infection and bacterial misbalance gut.
This is why to my opinion you should perform fecal culture test to rule out /confirm c.difficile infection.

Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj