Suggest treatment for sinus infection

Posted on Sat, 6 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, I had a septoplasty, limited FESS surgery in November 2013, about a month ago I had a (probably)viral infection that lasted for a week or so. I had mild fever (around 38-38.6) for about five days. On day 4 i went to doctors and has been prescribed with Augmentin which I took for 5 days. About 3 weeks ago i developed bad sinus pressure, dizziness, lightheadness episodes. Blood tests showed low platelet level (on the border, 148) I've been diagnosed with chronic frontal sinusitis (MRI scan) with total opacification on the left side. I don't have any fever and not on any medicine at the moment (have been prescribed augmenting again yesterday), but my dizziness hasn't disappeared. I'm also experiencing mild sinus/frontal pressure. On the top of that i've started to get sudden spikes in blood pressure (very short lasted, blood pressure spikes to 140/100 and comes back to normal (high lower reading)). Are there any further test to be done to diagnose my condition or all of these could be possibly due to frontal sinuses infection/ or ear infection. Shall I take another course of antibiotics?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to sinuses infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query and medical report; and it seems to that your condition could be possibly due to frontal sinuses infection/or ear infection.

Instead of further test better to consult the ENT specialist for better management or take a course of proper antibiotics, local and systemic nasal decongestant and steam inhalation.

I also suggests you saline nasal wash (Netiwash) two times a day and low salt diet.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist