Suggest treatment for sinus drainage

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had a lot of sinus drainage for the last year or so. It is so bad that I cannot sleep at night without taking Chloritrimaton every 2 hrs( 4hr dose does not last that long). I have been to many allergists and every year or so I become immune to the pills and nasal sprays and have to change....now I am about out of options. Went to an eye,ear,nose throat guy who wanted to operate on me for a deviated ceptim but admitted that it would probably not help.
What can I do to stop the post nasal drip?
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Get a plain Sinus CT done pre and post decongestion with Otrivin nasal drops and upload the images for an accurate assessment.

2. You seem to have taken medical therapy. I would recommend a different set of medicatiosn including a mucolytic. It is difficult to justify a septoplasty at this point.

3. Do you have any nasal obstruction, sneezing or snoring? Any history of acid reflux? Have you been taking regular steam inhalation?

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.