Suggest treatment for sinus blockage and nasal congestion
On examination found to have benign cyst in left maxillary sinus for which she underwent cyst removal with sinus curettage.
As per CT report,"26 is missing and a well defined spheroidal hyper dense entity is observed In sinus floor corresponding to palatal aspect of edentulous 26 region, most likely of residual root piece".
My question is, whether this ailment is related to Dental problem or a ENT problem.
And also whom to consult for treatment of said ailment.
Consult an ENT Surgeon..
Thanks for the query..
I have read through your CBCT report and case summary of previous surgery and here is my suggestion.
The hyper dense entity can be very much root piece that might have slipped during extraction of 26.
Also there is some mucosal thickness in the floor of maxillary sinus which can be due to inflammation and Infection in the sinus.
It can also be due to flaring up of Infection caused due to root piece that can also act as a foreign body...
Many a times there are no immediate symptoms and can appear lately..
So I would advise you to consult an ENT Surgeon and get evaluated clinically so that he can correlate radiographically..
In case if it is a root piece it has to be removed surgically..
Please write back for more queries..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for intense nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Nasal congestion and ear blockages
- Is bromfed used in the treatment of nasal congestion?
- Sinus nasal congestion
- Treatment and cure for Nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion