Suggest treatment for sigmoid diverticulosis
Colonoscopy done and result came as sigmoid diverticulosis.
doctor advised to remove the swollen area and to undergo excisional biopsy. This is nto done yet.
please looking for suggestions sir.
Remove the swollen area and go for biopsy of that area......
I had undergone your question and understand your concern.
Its good that FNAC did not find any atypical cells, but sometimes early stage of cancer can not be detected by FNAC only. Even sigmoid diverticulosis found by colonoscopy can also lead to complications like peritonitis, fistula, etc.
As per your information, i would say that you should remove the swollen area as soon as possible and also go for biopsy of that area as your doctor suggested. Also your age is advancing, so i would suggest you to follow your doctor as early as possible.
Take high fiber diet and avoid junk food, drink plenty of water and do regular walking. These all will reduce the diverticulosis and its complications.
Hope this will help you to plan your action and let me know if you have any further queries, i will be happy to answer you.
Yes, you can wait till 21st and best of luck.....
You are welcome anytime. I have checked your reports and its fine as you had mentioned. You can wait till 21st may, as its not far away. Best luck for your surgery and wish you a very healthy life ahead.
Non specific inflammation, but has to be sure with biopsy...
USG FNAC shows sparsely reactive lymphocytes which might suggest some sort of inflammation and not showing any atypical cells suggest chances of malignancy are rare. But again, one has to be sure with biopsy only....
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diverticulosis bouts pain bloating diarrhea or constipation treatment
- Symptoms of diverticulosis sigmoid colon
- Sigmoid diverticulosis without diverticulitis
- What does sigmoid diverticulosis mean
- Treatment for elevated liver enzymes cold extremities diverticulosis
- Treatment and cure for colonic diverticulosis
- Sigmoid diverticulosis and mild hepatomegaly and fatty infiltration of the liver
- Treatment and cure for Diverticulosis
- Clarithromycin diverticulosis
- Had colonoscopy polyps removed diagnosed with diverticulosis suggestions