Suggest treatment for side effects of Prolia shots

Posted on Wed, 15 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My worries for the bad side effects from Prolia60mg/mL Injection - 6 Monthly. Apart from Osteoporosis my health is very good. Not on any Medication and my Blood pressure is excellent.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer.....explained below 
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
It is really heartening to note that you are doing very good and in very good health.
Very frankly speaking,all drugs do have some or other side  effects but it is not necessary that a person using them would definitely have them or would have all of them.
Many people may not even report any side effect.
PROLIA is a biological drug and  has following sde effects.
Low levels of calcium in blood
Increased chances of jaw bone necrosis
Increased chances of infection in skin,bladder,ear etc.
May get severe joint,muscles or bone pains.
So you should keep getting your calcium levels checked and also keep a regular visit to your dentist.
Any unusual symptom should be immediately reported to your treating doctor.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me or any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta