Suggest treatment for side effects of Prolia injection

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I received a prolia injection yesterday, March 1, 2017. Approximately 5 hours after the injection I had flu-like symptoms, all over aching, is this to be expected? I also experienced weakness, tiredness, I laid down and then went to bed. I slept ok. This morning the symptoms are still with me, but to a lesser degree.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Common side effects

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, the symptoms you are experiencing are common side effects of the Prolia injection . however they with go away within a couple of days . you should seek medical care if you experience one of the following symptoms
1) signs of infection as severe itching , burning , rash , blistering , peeling or dryness of skin
2) swelling , warmth or redness anywhere in your body
3) pain or burning when you urinate
4) blood in urine
5) severe stomach pain
6) jaw pain or unusual thigh, hip or groin pain
I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad